wired 802.1X with AD computer authentication

pm2956
New Contributor

Hello
I have macOSc Monterey in my company
I want to configure 802.1X ethernet (based on computer authentication), my macOS are bind to AD
I have already made a configuration that works but the connection is not automatic.
Is it possible to configure this connection so that it is launched when the mac starts?

thanksjamf.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

sharif_khan
Contributor II

Are you using ADCS certificate or using any in house cert? if in-house cert then did you trust those certificate on you profile? did you use certificate common name on trusted server certificate name?

Johns987
New Contributor II

The IEEE 802.1X standard defines the port-based network access control that is used to provide authenticated wired access to Ethernet networks. This port-based network access control uses the physical characteristics of the switched Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure to authenticate devices attached to a LAN port. KDealer Login

sharif_khan
Contributor II

@pm2956 Yes it is possible. I configure our network like this. But u need to select right type of EAP Accepts and also trust your certificate and also add common name name. 

@pm2956 @sharif_khan could you please send me some screenshots of this configuration, including the trust & certificate sections?  Looking at getting this working for our AD bound Macs too.  Our network team says that they are using PEAP so no certificate should be needed.  We also don't want to use a ADCS setup, thanks!

pm2956
New Contributor

Hello
Thank you for your answers.
@sharif_khancan you send me some screenshots of your configuration?
thank you

jamessmilleree
New Contributor

I am not able to see my post.

Thanks