Would like to get back to a single HD which is currently partitioned into two segments

skinford
Contributor III

Hello to the group thank you all for the wonderful assistance that you have provided me in the past when I was learning Casper and the great things that it can do.

I have searched this discussion group and tried some things on my own but I have not been tremendously successful at doing this.

I Would like to get back to a single HD which is currently partitioned into two segments, a Macintosh HD and a HD_2 or TEMP, two different departments in the college. I have tried scripting and it will work but kind of kludgy. Is there a way to image with Casper and have it join the two partitions into a single Macintosh HD? And then put the image on top after that? Or way to script it in Casper to do this?

I'm not asking anyone to help me do my work just looking for something that I may have missed.

Thank you everyone for taking a look at this discussion.

May you all have a very great and blessed day today!

2 REPLIES 2

Look
Valued Contributor III

If you are wanting to nuke drive completely then you can use a format script of some type in a work flow from casper imaging set to BEFORE and it will format drive and then continue with the imaging process, the only Caveat is that the drive name resulting from the format has to match the drive name selected by Casper Imaging.
If your looking to maintain any data it's much more complicated and would need to be done manually!
This is how we do it, the biggest complications are what to do with fusion drives or other machines with more than one drive and any machine with Core Storage enabled which has to be located and remvoed first.
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13931
Has some useful stuff and a version of the script I created at the bottom if you need commands, just be aware it's very destructive and no data is left on the machine.

skinford
Contributor III

Thank you @Look I appreciate the discussion link. I will look it over and see if that gives me a leg up on this.

Thank you again my friend have a great day today!