xcode w/ VPP in Self Service Loads App Store

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We have 500 VPP licenses for xcode, when trying to install xcode from Self Service, instead of installing automatically the Mac App Store starts up and you have to "Get" xcode from there. All of our mac apps that have VPP licenses install fine through Self Service. Any ideas?
e6a9a73dc4a34699884592a93e7b793c
7608bc48ed39481fa9c5b80700b67e81
a01d4275a67a4cd6968a88cd9ab23cdb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomDay

@wezireland Yes, success yesterday. Opened a case with support and we looked at some things in debug mode with Self Service. Case was escalated to some higher level engineers and while I was waiting to hear back, I updated the server to 9.101 and the issue was immediately resolved. HTH you as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

gabriel_martine
New Contributor III

Is the user account you are running it from an MDM enabled user? I ran into the same issue when testing with our local admin account, which was not an MDM enabled user.

TomDay

@gabriel_martinez Thx we have seen that in the past as well, this is an MDM enabled user and this is happening to quite a bunch of users on multiple devices.

wezireland
New Contributor

Same here - any traction?

TomDay

@wezireland Yes, success yesterday. Opened a case with support and we looked at some things in debug mode with Self Service. Case was escalated to some higher level engineers and while I was waiting to hear back, I updated the server to 9.101 and the issue was immediately resolved. HTH you as well.

drioux
Contributor

I have found that this happens to me when I do not have enough licenses to cover my scope. If i "purchase" 100 licenses, and then scope 200, it will send all users to the App Store. Just make sure to check you count, it may be all you need.