Xerox C60 Fiery Printer Drivers

boanes
New Contributor III

I've been looking up and down the Jamf Nation threads for the last two weeks and not finding any working solution for this...

I have 3 xerox C60 machines. Two have an internal Server (C60-i) and one has an External Server (C60) all using Fiery software... I'm trying to get a few packages into Self Service with the correct drivers but am failing miserably...

What happens is after the users install the package, they may be able to print normal 8 1/2 x 11 sheets, but if you attempt to change the page size, it will appear as though it'll print on the chosen paper size but the output will actually be 8 1/2 x 11.

Also, the "Fiery Options" does not show in the print dialog options. Think of where you'd select the preferences/settings for Safari, Layout, Cover Page, Print Settings, etc...

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
~b

4 REPLIES 4

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@boanes There are two posts on Jamf Nation that I would point you to:

[Deploying the new Fiery Mac Drivers])(https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/14783/deploying-the-new-fiery-mac-drivers)

and

Dealing with EFI Fiery Drivers for OS X El Capitan

In that last one, I outline how I dealt with updating the Fiery drivers for our Xerox C70 printers with external Fiery RIPs. I utilized AutoPKGr to download the latest drivers for the C70 and deploy those. You may need to download a different driver package for the machines that have internal Fiery RIPs.

If you are doing an upgrade of existing printer drivers, you will want to uninstall the driver that is currently on the system and then install the new driver. As well, as @foigus pointed out in that second post, if you have upgraded the OS on the machines from one major version to the next (10.10 to 10.11 for example) you will need to uninstall and reinstall for the Fiery Options to show up properly.

Hope that helps.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

We experienced the same issue on our C60s and C70s (with the added symptom that sometimes 8.5x11 jobs would try to print on "8K" paper). It was a giant pain, and even if the drivers installed such that the "Fiery Options" appear, the paper size issue usually persisted.

I'm afraid I don't have the best news: we ended up engaging Xerox support, who escalated it to their engineering group, who escalated it to EFI to fix the Fiery drivers. After about 9 months of feeble attempts to resolve the issue, their solution was that we returned all of our leased C60/C70 printers and got Canons.

boanes
New Contributor III

@bvrooman How long ago was this?

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

@boanes I think we got the Canons in April or May of this year, so it would have started the previous summer/fall.

Perhaps ironically, the Canons also have a Fiery unit attached, but we get those drivers straight from Canon rather than EFI and they work just fine.