Xerox printer installation help

lehmanp00
Contributor III

I have been starting to slowly rollout printers with a script using the lpadmin command. This is to install printers (mostly Xerox) using Windows Server queues with smb://.

The "-o auth-info-required=negotiate" option doesn't seem to be working on 10.11 for us. The print jobs still are being held on "waiting for authentication"

Anyone else seeing this?

Here is the command I have started using:

lpadmin -p TEST-XEROX -E -v smb://x.x.x.x/PrinterName -P /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/Xerox WorkCentre 5755.gz -o auth-info-required=negotiate -o XRTrays=FourExtraTrays -o XRFinisher=OF -o XRHolePunch=True
3 REPLIES 3

lehmanp00
Contributor III

So after further testing, printing works fine as long as you are on the same VLAN as the print servers.

If you are not, than the print job stops and says "Waiting for authentication" This is on 10.10.5 or 10.11

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

FYI, I've found it very useful to browse the lpoptions for the various driver options (such as 3hole punch and other finishing options). To check this simply install the printer on a local machine and run the following command in terminal:

loptions -p <printer-name> -l

Hit return and you'll be presented with all the various options and the awkward names their manufacturer uses to designate them.

For example this script above sets -o XRHolePunch=True with may be great for the WorkCentre 5755 but won't work on a WorkCentre 5325 (There the option is XRHolePunch=TwoandThree). Something to keep an eye out for!

Look
Valued Contributor III

Unfortunately I haven't got easy access to our JSS over the break but if it's still an issue in a couple of weeks I might be able to help.
We have Xerox machines and I scripted the solution and have vague memories of moving them back to the default authorisation as negotiate stopped working after we migrated to them.
Hard to tell what the cause was though as we moved vendors, servers and to 10.10 all at the same time...