Zoom ScreenCapture Allow

mmeighan
New Contributor

Hello All, just wanted to share incase you had the issue I did with Zoom no longer showing content on screen sharing.

1.PPPC Utility - create the config file with the deny option
2.Text editor - find the portion that says <false/> and switch it with <true/>
3.Upload that saved and signed file to JAMF and now you have a PPPC with allow for screen capture on Zoom.

I would have just attached my config file but I didnt see a file upload but I think if you know about PPPC what I said above makes sense... hopefully.

Hopefully this helps some people out there (my first post)

5 REPLIES 5

mmeighan
New Contributor

Well either I did something wrong or back to drawing board (looks like even though I tricked JAMF/Apple) the install checks and blocks the install of the PPPC probably because "allow" is an invalid field for the Screen Capture.

arekdreyer
Contributor

MDM documentation for ScreenCapture says:

Allows the application to capture (read) the contents of the system display. Access to the contents cannot be given in a profile; it can only be denied.

ezstill
New Contributor II

I created a policy to notify users if they have 10.15 and Zoom installed. I included instructions in the notification on how to update the Privacy preference.

jgraslie
New Contributor

Logging in to upvote. I run across this very frequently in my environment. We have our privacy settings locked down, and I need to unlock them temporarily just to grant access just to Zoom because it cannot allow screen capture through the restrictions.

arekdreyer
Contributor

@jgraslie-apexclearing Please file this feedback with Apple. It's an Apple protection, not a Jamf limitation.