Zscaler issue on macOS

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Hello All,

We noticed that mac users are getting kicked out from Zscaler, and internet is becoming very slow. In that case we are supposed to loginto Zscaler manually, any idea why it is happening? Is it specific to macOS version? What is the solution on this? Any log can help me to do the troubleshooting? Please tell me the path of that log to collect it.

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Zscaler is typically a fairly reliable client, I'm not aware of any current issues aside of Zscaler's ZDX service running amuck with the nettop process.

• What is the device(s) network performance score in the ZSX Console? 
  • Have you opened a ticket with Zscaler yet? Most troubleshooting will need logs and pcap files which you would not want to share with internet rando's. 

As far as collecting logs, you do that from within the Zscaler app.

Troubleshooting Zscaler Client Connector | Zscaler

AJPinto_1-1712261237942.png

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Here the design is different, we dont install any such Zscaler app. We have a Jamf policy which run a script to set a proxy pac on macOS and then user open a site for the first time it ask for authentication with Zscaler to get company policy, here user put their company credential and gets authenticated. Now all are set. 

The issue is that all sudden users are getting kicked out of Zscaler where user did the authentication for the first time after setting up the proxy, and internet becomes very slow or not able to browse many sites. Now question why users are getting kicked out from Zscaler all sudden whereas he/she already did the authentication, now again they are supposed to do the authentication to make it normal. Any idea why it is happening? And how to resolve it? Windows user dont face any such issue.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

BTW here user do the reauthentication visting Zscaler portal manually. It doesnt ask to do the authnetication automatically.