Jamf Protect Network Threat Prevention DNS Settings Disabled

Tahoe
New Contributor

I'm working to push out network threat prevention in Jamf Protect as described here: https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-protect-documentation/page/Configuring_Network_Threat_Prevention....

Using Jamf Pro, We have successfully deployed the configuration profile to 4 pilot machines, however, the DNS Settings are disabled and the option to enable them is greyed out.  As a result, Network Threat Prevention is not working on these machines.  My guess is a previous admin changed a setting in Jamf Pro that disables DNS settings, but I feel like I'm running around in circles trying to find it.  I apologize for the wildly open ended question, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas on how I could enable these DNS settings?  Appreciate any help!  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Tahoe 

Could it by any chance the case that there are Network Extensions running at those endpoints?

Tahoe
New Contributor

Thank you for the response!  We are not running any Network Extensions at these endpoints.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Right have you tried re-downloading the profile and made sure to download the profile for macOS?

jamiesmithJAX
New Contributor III

@Tahoe did you ever figure this out?  Just rolling Jamf Protect out to some test machines now and I am seeing this same thing on one of them.  Thanks