Jamf Protect Threat Version Not updating

user-IUsJxvLxeb
New Contributor III

I have some systems that are checking in with Jamf Pro but not checking in with Jamf Protect?  Any suggestions? 

7 REPLIES 7

bfrench
Contributor III

We have been battling this since Day 1.  After working with Jamf a few times on this my only solutions are to 

1 - repush the app

and if that alone does not work

2 - completely remove the device from the process  by deleting it from the Profile - uninstalling the app - then adding it back

I have several devices that I have had to do this multiple times

user-IUsJxvLxeb
New Contributor III

thx.. what do you mean by repost? remove the device from the Jamf protect config profile and then re-add it?

bfrench
Contributor III

It depends on how you are deploying Protect.  If you are using a Configuration Profile you might need to exclude the device from the profile and then add it back.

Philein
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. Did you solve it? 

bfrench
Contributor III

So far the new version seems to be working as expected.  I still have a few that stopped checking in before summer and now trying to work through those.  A few just took a restart.  One I had to uninstall Protect, remove from config, add back to config, redeploy pkg for it to check in again.  Will see how it behaves going forward.

I am finding that any devices that have not restarted in over 30 days seem to stop updating the Protect version.  Informing the staff to restart pulls the update.  Guess it time to find one of those nifty scripts to prompt staff to restart every 30 days.

Philein
New Contributor III

Thanks, it seems that everything is working now. Probably there was a bug on an old version of Protect