Apple Classroom View Screen blocked out.

JimmyOnInOne
New Contributor

Hey all I'm new to Jamf School. I'm trying to do a pilot program this year for Jamf Teacher and Jamf Student for our ipads.  I currently have Jamf teacher and student working well. However, I can't get Apple Classroom "View screen" to work. I went through the Jamf Restriction settings and allowed for Apple Classrooms to view the screen. 

Anything I'm missing, any settings that are hidden on the jamf school side?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rob1
Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

In order for Screen observation to work properly, your iPads need to be Supervised and Teachers will need to be signed in with their School Apple ID, it won't work with their personal Apple ID. You can set up classes manually in Jamf School, however at my School, I have connected Apple School Manager to my Student Information System (this updates users, teachers and classes automatically) and then Sync is turned on to Jamf School:

Under Organisation>Settings>Apple School Manager>Settings

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 14.01.00.png

you need these restrictions ticked for students iPad device profile:

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.30.47.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.33.55.png

This Setting for Apple Classroom

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.26.16.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rob1
Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

In order for Screen observation to work properly, your iPads need to be Supervised and Teachers will need to be signed in with their School Apple ID, it won't work with their personal Apple ID. You can set up classes manually in Jamf School, however at my School, I have connected Apple School Manager to my Student Information System (this updates users, teachers and classes automatically) and then Sync is turned on to Jamf School:

Under Organisation>Settings>Apple School Manager>Settings

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 14.01.00.png

you need these restrictions ticked for students iPad device profile:

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.30.47.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.33.55.png

This Setting for Apple Classroom

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.26.16.png

rcondon
New Contributor II

Our school is also having this. problem - but we did roster according to Apple Classroom. But when JAMF is used on the student IPADs, teachers cannot view their screens through apple classroom.