Installing Chrome when restrictions are in place

Nicoba
New Contributor

I'm trying to install google chrome on the iPads and it looks ok but when I search for the app and try and open it on the iPad it tells me that the Jamf configured restrictions are not allowing it. I don't want to remove the restrictions but I also need to check if an app works properly through chrome. If anyone knows which restriction would keep chrome from loading on the iPads that would be awesome. 

2 REPLIES 2

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

If the app was installed correctly then my guess is it's an age restriction in a profile with the restrictions payload enabled. Most browsers are categorized as 17+

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 4.03.23 PM.png

Liminality
New Contributor

This depends on multiple different factors. The listed one already is the age restriction, but it depends on your profiles and how they are setup. If you are using a profile that is ONLY allowing certain apps under the "safelist and Blocklist" then it would not show up. Typically in my experience, you have set only a certain number of apps that are allowed in the profile to run. Another place to check is under the "restrictions" section in the profile, check if the option "Allow use of Safari" and see if that is not checked. This can also cause problems for third party web browsers.