Jamf and NAND iPad conflict

asalgueiro
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I need some help to know if someone have had a similar issue. We have an iPad (6th gen) that started to reboot continuously and we tried to restore it (Apple Configurator) getting an error - I searched a bit and got to some information regarding hardware issues.

The iPad went to get serviced with a technician, from which we got the report that the iPad had a NAND memory error due to a non iOS app.

The iPad had Jamf installed since September, when the student started to complain about it being laggy.

Has anyone had similar issues of incompatibility or memory issues between Jamf and an iPad? I'm thinking it was coincident with an iOS update that may have triggered some malfunction.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

asalgueiro
New Contributor

EDIT: We've had 3 iPads recently with the "Apple logo of death" screen, rebooting. All with the same error (4013) while restoring. We noticed through Jamf and through some research that it could have something to do with widget apps that alter iOS icons, so we were able to block these through Jamf. I also found that iOS 15.3.1 may have something to do with these conflicts while restoring. Nevertheless, I would like some confirmation on similar issues from someone.