Jamf App installing Apple ID issue

jmuribe
New Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I am the IT responsive person at a primary/secondary school at Spain. We have 100 managed iPADs.

I've recently moved from Cisco Meraki to Jamf School.

I'm experiencing a problem with certain Apps automatic installation.

For example, Bee-Bot and Blue-Bot Apps.

Bee-Bot was added to the JAMF account and installed without any problem, but when I try to install Blue-Bot for all the iPADs, an error message is displayed at the iPADs screen. It says: "This Apple ID is not valid to purchase content". I don't know how is the exact translation to english since we received the error message in spanish.

So the App is not being installed.

I tried adding 200 licenses of Blue-Bot first at Apple Shool Manager, but nothing changed.

Please, any idea that could help?

Thank you!

Jose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Check in Jamf and make sure the apps licenses show under Volume Purchasing. If the apps are there, check the Mac App policy and make sure the Managed Distribution is setup correctly. If both of those are correct, renew your Volume Purchasing certificate. If that still fails, open a ticket with Jamf.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Check in Jamf and make sure the apps licenses show under Volume Purchasing. If the apps are there, check the Mac App policy and make sure the Managed Distribution is setup correctly. If both of those are correct, renew your Volume Purchasing certificate. If that still fails, open a ticket with Jamf.

jmuribe
New Contributor II

Dear AJ Pinto:

I don't find Volume Purchasing at my Jamf School Website. Where can I find the manual to correctly setup the Managed Distribution?

Sorry, I am a little bit lost.

Thank you!

jmuribe
New Contributor II

Dear AJPinto:

You gave me the key to success!

Well, I finally found about the Volume Purchases. First, I've bought the App at the Apple School Manager, then I created the corresponding Token for the "Sede" (I don't know howt to translate it. I imported the certificate at Jamf School and Synchronize and voilá! All the apps with their respective licenses available in Jamf. Now installing from them is working for the iPADs!!!

Thank you so much from Spain with love!!!

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Woot, I am glad you figured it out!!!