Jamf School - Font Payload

mknib1
New Contributor

Hi, I am attempting to deploy a Font payload and it never installs on the iPad. I upload the .ttf files on the Font page under general payload, this uploads the four files successfully. At this point I have created a Fonts profile and test it by manually installing the profile on a iPad. The task tells me it deployed successfully and the activity log gives me a green tick for that Font profile. But I do not see the Font profile installed on the device under the Mobile Device Management profile and I am unable to choose the fonts in Pages.

Now, I have had success installing the Fonts manually using the iFont app, as it creates local profiles for each Font and I am then able to see the Fonts in Pages. But from my understanding I should not need to use the iFont app as I am using the Font payload in Jamf to deliver the Fonts directly. Why is the payload not working?

2 REPLIES 2

Flo
New Contributor

Hi, i have the same issue.
According to JAMF the font profile is installed successfully but no fonts available on the iPad.

Does anyone have a solution?

Flo
New Contributor

Hi again.
After conversation with Jamf-Support it turns out the fonts are delivered to iPad they are available in apps.
They aren't shown in the "General-->Fonts" settings, though.