Shared iPad - iPadOS 17 issues

SimonGGS
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

yesterday, I pushed out the update to our 150 Shared iPads and today I saw, that they all lost their wallpaper, WiFi as well as the complete connection to our MDM. A connection with Apple Configurator 2 was not possible, too. The devices did not check in anymore and our team had to reset all of them via Recovery Mode.

We are using Jamf School.

Anyone having a solution for this?

Thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

MarioStoehr
New Contributor II

So I have now tested the following:

(1) shared iPad with IOS 16.6 reset via Jamf
(2) Since the "Network configuration profile" function for automatic connection to the WLAN is unfortunately only available with IOS 17, I had to briefly click through this iPad by hand
(3) I pushed the update to IOS17.2 in Jamf
(4) iPad updated itself, had a black background, but was on WiFi and now it comes on.. it communicated with Jamf!!!!
(5) I let it automatically dial into the WLAN using the "Network Configuration Profile" function and it converted itself into a shared iPad.

Great - unfortunately it doesn't help any of us, as the necessary function is only available from IOS17 and mass action is still not possible. You would have to reset each iPad individually.

But if there are problems from IOS17 to IOS18 again, you could go this route and reset the iPad cleanly before you start the update.

What I haven't yet tested, however, is whether it would have been able to connect to the WLAN in the normal way with a remote update to IOS 17.2, without me having to reset it cleanly first and therefore no one was ever logged in. This approach definitely didn't work with IOS 17.1.2. Maybe with IOS17.2 at least communication with Jamf won't be lost.

Has someone already tried this?

MarioStoehr
New Contributor II

Update to IOS 17.2 still doesn't work remotely.. the iPad no longer communicates with Jamf.