Sync users from Jamf School to ASM

Cbsnj
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I did an export of a SIS to Jamf School, which worked fine and the students and teachers now all have an account within JSS. How can I sync those users so they also exist as Apple School Manager accounts/Managed AppleIDs? I know it has something to do with the SFTP function, but couldn't quite figure it out.

Thx!!

2 REPLIES 2

RLR
Valued Contributor

You need to get several CSV files ready in the correct format, zip them up and upload them via SFTP. You can get your SFTP details in ASM and use a program like Filezilla to upload the ziped csv files.

Not familiar with Jamf School as we use Jamf Pro but I'm assuming the process is generally the same in that you would usually create your users in ASM and sync ASM to Jamf. Not Jamf to ASM.

As you've already created users in Jamf, there will be an option to link the ASM accounts to your Jamf user accounts based on an identifier such as email address.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-school-manager/axm26e20e320/web

Cbsnj
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! I was able to find the SFTP setting within Jamf School, but the sync kept running in ASM. I might have some settings wrong, so I'll dive into that. But thanks for now!!