Bain is looking for a new Senior Desktop Engineer (Jamf/Mac Specialist) at its Boston, MA headquarters
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be in a Mac-focused technical role in Bain’s Global Desktop Engineering team, with Windows support requirements. You will/must have strong Mac and Windows skills and is responsible for the following:
- Deployment, management, and support of Apple MacBook and Mac Pro computers.
- Development, maintenance, and administration of the Jamf Pro system for managing Apple computers. Support Windows desktop management systems, including SCCM/MECM, Active Directory, Group Policy, Intune, Azure and related technologies.
- Assist the development, testing, and implementation of processes for building, upgrading, and patching Mac and Windows workstations.
- Create and maintain group policies and scripts for distributing configuration settings to Windows endpoints.
- Monitor the performance and stability of endpoints to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for automation and improvement of Desktop Engineering processes; propose and engineer solutions.
- Serve as an escalation point for workstation problem resolution. Work with Help Desks to pinpoint the root causes of issues and assist in developing and deploying fixes.
- Collaborate with Global and Regional TSG managers and local Help Desks on worldwide deployments and communications.
- Produce and maintain documentation, knowledgebase articles, and training materials to as needed.
The Global Desktop Engineering team, within the Technology Solution Group’s Support & End-User Engineering division, is responsible for the deployment and management of Bain’s ~15,000 laptops, desktops, and virtual workstations across 60 office locations in 40 countries worldwide. This includes evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining all related systems and technologies. The team aspires to a provide a comprehensive end-point solution and superior customer satisfaction.
Systems Administration and Process Improvement (50%)
- You will develop and maintain the Jamf system for managing enterprise Mac-based computers.
- You will administer and maintain enterprise Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Management (MECM) infrastructure
- You will create, modify, and maintain Active Directory GPOs and Intune polices to manage endpoint configurations
- You will create and deploy scripts to automate processes, minimize manual touch points, improve efficiency, and ensure consistency.
- You will create, package, and deploy software installations/upgrades for supported applications via Jamf Self-Service, Software Center, or automated silent delivery.
- You will manage periodic updates to macOS, Windows, Office, and manufacturer drivers.
- You will administer ancillary systems such as Code42 workstation backup and Absolute recovery.
Customer Support (30%)
- You will monitor and respond to Help Desk tickets escalated to the Desktop Engineering team through the ServiceNow HD+ system.
- You will write articles for the HD+ Knowledge Base to provide technical documentation, troubleshooting procedures, and problem solutions.
- You will provide subject matter training to local and regional TSG staff pertinent their support roles and professional development.
Analytics and Reporting (20%)
- You will gather, analyze, and report endpoint performance and reliability metrics using tools such as Endpoint Analytics, Intune, Performance Monitor, Aternity, event logs, and other means.
Associate's/Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. 5-8+ years experience in information technology, primarily focused on Mac and Windows endpoint management & 3+ years experience in Mac management with Jamf and Windows management with Microsoft technologies required. Experience working within a diverse multinational organization, supporting multiple locations across the globe preferred.
- Mac management via Jamf
- Windows management via SCCM/MECM, AD/AAD, Group Policy, Intune.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and switch between project work and support role.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment – independently, within the team, and across multiple teams.
Certifications or coursework in Apple Mac management via Jamf preferred. Certifications or coursework in Microsoft desktop management technologies, such as Windows 10 administration, SCCM/MECM, AD/AAD, Intune, etc. as well as Linux OS and Code management experience also preferred.
*Applicant must have received, or be willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine, and be fully vaccinated (established 2 weeks following final dose) by date of employment with Bain & Company to be considered for U.S. based jobs subject to required accommodation process.
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 58 offices in 37 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
If you or someone you know who is qualified is interested, please apply directly using the link below: