Company: Amazon Web Services
Department: Client Engineering
Amazon Client Engineering is looking for an experienced Mac focused Systems Engineer in Seattle. This role focuses on managing clients and infrastructure all relating to Mac users at Amazon internal.
Our team is part of the AWS organization that owns the Client Management Systems, Application infrastructure, and Collaboration tools globally for Amazon. We build and maintain the solutions used to manage Amazon’s global Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu client fleets.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a macOS-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale. If you are passionate about technology, enjoy working with others, and like to solve technical challenges, keep reading.
In this role, you and your team will directly influence the macOS end-point management roadmap at Amazon. You will use native AWS services, external 3rd party services and DevOps patterns to manage a growing fleet of macOS client devices. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will include macOS administration, develop tools and automation, root cause analysis, and maintain service infrastructures. You will contribute to both operations and development activities as we build the next generation of macOS management tools.
· Troubleshoot and solve issues in a globally scaled enterprise environment
· macOS client management- patching, updates, profile deployments
· Maintain client management service infrastructure hosted in AWS
· Contribute to automation efforts with a primary focus on the macOS client
· 4 years of experience in a System administration, System engineering, or DevOps role supporting macOS X
· 2 years of experience in one or more scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python…
· Understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Routing…)
· Large Scale distributed system experience (Cloud, Virtualization, Distributed Networks…)
· 2 years of Experience working with MDM solution (Jamf, Airwatch)
· Operating System knowledge of Linux based system(s)
· Experience with AWS and production workloads.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
· Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
· Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
Please apply at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1510843/systems-engineer