DEP Enrolments hanging (Stuck on Reticulating Splines)

m4ttj4co
New Contributor

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience in the past with devices hanging on the Jamf notify script?

When I'm trying to enrol a device via DEP, I can log in etc.. and then Jamf notify takes over to finish off the deployment task (Office, Chrome, AV etc..) but it never gets past the first Reticulating Splines message.

Has been working fine up until this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

9225b15a6d0041c7bec5cab63fbf8be0

7 REPLIES 7

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Recalculating spines is the default status for DEPNotify and is usually only seen if DEPNotify does not find the depnotify.log file.

Can you confirm, are you trying to use the DEPNotify application or using the Notify mechanism of Jamf Connect Login? Are you sure you are creating/updating a depnotify.log while in the Notify mechanism with a script?

m4ttj4co
New Contributor

We are using both DEPnotify and Jamf Connect notify to enrol our devices.

The above error is when trying to enrol devices using Jamf connect (with the notify script).

I've researched online and someone said to rebuild the Jamf connect PKG so I'm just trying that now.

Thanks

sjha967
New Contributor II

I am too getting same error Recalculating spines. I am using with NoMAD & was working fine till last weeks. I have tested on Big Sur 11.3 /11.4. 

Can i get some ideas to fix this please. 

Geissbuhler
Contributor

I know it has been a while but just in case anyone bumps into this.

In addition to the above any package distributed with prestage needs to be signed by with a Mac Installer Distribution Certificate. Using an Apple Developer ID.

Once you get a Developer ID from Apple

This can be created by opening to xCode, Preferences >> Accounts >> Sign in with the appropriate developer ID.

Manage Certificates >> + >> Mac Installer Distribution

Now that cert should be available in composer to sign packages with.

Composer >> Preferences >> Build Flat Packages >> Sign With: You Should see one that looks like "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer <Name of Your Org> (<customer ID>)"

Always allow and auth that, you should be set to go.

*Note this creeps up on you as the certs expire in a year after the Developer program was paid for so keep that in mind

DaneAbernathy
New Contributor III

I am having this exact same issue, has anyone figured this out yet?

I am only using Jamf Connect Notify, with a slightly modified copy of the script provided by Jamf in the Jamf Connect dosumentation.

jmancuso
New Contributor III

You do have to have the pkg signed in composer you can do that with composer preferences. 

jmancuso
New Contributor III

Signing the customization assets package: Packages installed at a prestage enrollment must be signed either with a developer certificate or a trusted certificate. Refer to https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/301/obtaining-an-installer-certificate-from-apple to obtain a developer certificate or refer to https://docs.jamf.com/technical-articles/Creating_a_Signing_Certificate_Using_Jamf_Pros_Built-in_CA_... to create a signing