Having a problem with Notify

MikaelDez
Contributor

Hi,

I was able to set up Jamf Connect - which is working pretty much flawlessly - and now I'm diving into the Notify mechanism. I have set it up using these instructions: https://www.jamf.com/blog/zero-touch-deployment-with-jamf-pro-and-jamf-connect/

My Mac is able to enroll in Jamf, picks up the configuration profiles I need it to, and then launches the Jamf Connect login screen (with branding - which tells me that my postinstall script IS installing Jamf Connect and the package that holds branding assets and the notify script. The script never kicks off though, and I'm not sure where to even look for a log to start looking for the solution. After I log in with my credentials, the screen goes black, and when it comes back up - branding is missing and it's stuck loading. 

Here is my Notify script (I have individual triggers because I initially planned on having a status message display for each one, but I stripped a lot away to try and make it simple and at least get it working:

#!/bin/zsh

#Variable List:
JAMFBIN="/usr/local/bin/jamf"

# Notify Mechanism:
# Change the default text displayed to the user
echo "Command: Image: /usr/local/jamfconnect/images/FSULoginLogo.png" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
echo "Command: MainTitle: Welcome to AnyCo!" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
echo "Command: MainText: Welcome to your new Mac.\\nSit tight as we do some basic setup to get you ready for success.\\nYou can see the status of the setup on the progress bar below." >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log

# Update the user of the status of the onboarding
echo "Status: Installing Jamf" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log

# Check the path of the Jamf client binary.  If not present yet, wait 2 seconds and
# check again.
until [ -f $JAMFBIN ]
do
	echo "Status: Waiting on Jamf" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log 
	sleep 2
done

# Notify the user that we will let Jamf Pro take over at this point
echo "Status: Passing command and control to Jamf Pro" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log

# Call a custom triggers

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyRosetta

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyLaunchAgent

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyMcAfeeAgent

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyMcAfeeEndpoint

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifySpirion

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyUmbrella

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyKace

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyAlertus

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyChrome

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyDrive

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyRedFolder

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyOffice

$JAMFBIN policy -event notifyAdobe

echo "Status: Finishing up... We're almost ready!" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log

sleep 3

#5 - Clean Up
sleep 3
echo "Command: Quit" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
sleep 1
rm -rf /var/tmp/depnotify.log

#6 - Disable notify screen from loginwindow process
/usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -JamfConnect

If I'm doing anything wrong, I welcome any input. I'm thinking the problem may lie in activating the Notify mechanism, but I have that in there as a separate configuration file per the instructions.

-Mike

1 REPLY 1

DaneAbernathy
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?

I am having this issue as well. Notify comes up, but I get the Reticulating Splines error on Notify window.

When I check the jamf_login.log in private/temp it says the script could not be found, but it is in fact there since it installs with the customization assets - the logo and bg for Jamf Connect Login which show up like they should.

The enrollment meta-package is signed and is installing properly.

I only have the one enrollment meta-package pushing down during enrollment.

The "authchanger -reset -JamfConnect -Notify" command is being pushed via a profile per Jamf's documentation, and is obviously working since the notify mech comes up after the first sign-in.

I'm stumped.