IDP Username Change for Jamf Connect

healthcareaa
New Contributor III

Hello,

One of our users is requesting that we change their Name, Email, Username in all of our systems for their legal name change. 

I am wondering how that will work with Jamf Connect. The Jamf Connect login screen should authenticate to Okta and allow them in but I am curious if there are other steps we would need to do like changing the Record Name value or disconnecting/reconnecting the local account with the IDP account. 

Anyone have experience with this?

6 REPLIES 6

Cmolina001
New Contributor

I have this question too!

Check my response below

kevinv
New Contributor III

Bump!

healthcareaa
New Contributor III

You have to unbind the network account from the local account using this process:

https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-connect-documentation-2.18.0/page/Unmigrating_a_Local_Account.htm...

Once the unbind is complete, you will want to have the user log out of the computer, then log back in using the Jamf Connect login. Once authenticated, it will prompt for the user to connect to a new account on the computer. We had an issue initially where the Jamf Connect login would not ask to connect to any of the accounts, but would just continue to login to the new account it had created (with no data.) I had to delete this newer account as Jamf Connect will default to that account if the names are the same. Once I deleted that newer account, we could do the login and account-connection process correctly. 

kevinv
New Contributor III

Sounds like a lot of manual labor. Going to submit a feature request for something more..scalable and/or automated. Probably won't gain a lot of traction - but worth a shot.

kevinv
New Contributor III