Jamf Connect 2.38.0 - Why is the grey box so big?

Quillathe
New Contributor

I pushed out the 2.38.0 version, and the grey box around the Entra ID/Microsoft login is very, very big.

It's not breaking anything, but it just looks weird.   I even had some staff working the desk ask if the Macs had been hacked or something, as it looked like an opened webpage window to them.  I guess in some manner it is a "webage", but I told them no, it's not hacked.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.30.07 AM.png

Any solution to make it look like this again?

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.29.29 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Check the redirect in the Jamf Connect Configuration profile to make sure its pointing to the right URL. If that is correct, check the Entra App Intergration for Jamf Connect.

All the configurations are identical. Login works as expected and configurations are fine.   Devices that haven't pulled the 2.38.0 and are still on 2.32.0 have a tighter grey Entra ID window wrapper.  Devices on 2.38.0 the wrapper is scaling wide with the login window frame.  

Seems more a thing with the wrapper call itself from the JAMF connect app, I know JAMF Connect is based off NoMAD and some years back NoMAD login window experienced a weird layout shift after an update but I think this is more a JAMF Connect update thing since the only change I've made is updating from 2.32.0 to 2.38.0.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Sorry, I did not catch this was related to an update of JC. 

Jamf recently updated the login app to accommodate IDP's that have larger UI/UX surfaces to display.  I'm trying to see if I can dig up the Jamf Post where Jamf mentioned this in the past month or so. The idea was to reduce the amount of scrolling users have to do on the login screen to reveal UI elements. I bet this is related to that.

Ah!  If that's the case, that makes more sense. I can say the SSO portion of the login does look/feel better when it prompts after login being in a wider window, but the initial size being so wide, for the entra part, is throwing off our users.