Posted on 12-14-2020 11:04 AM
Today we released Jamf Connect 2.1.2 for general availability; this release includes the below bug fixes.
Configuration Bug Fix: Fixed an issue that prevented Jamf Connect Configuration from notifying users of unsupported preference keys if their level of indentation in the XML file was three or more levels deep.
Menu Bar App Bug Fixes:
• If you do not have MFA configured, you can now use the ShortNameAttribute preference key to specify a custom attribute included in an ID token for use as a Kerberos short name.
• [PI-08909] Fixed an issue that caused Jamf Connect to fail to sync and store passwords in Keychain if the password contained the pound symbol (£).
• [PI-009016] Fixed an issue that caused Jamf Connect to continue to prompt users for their short name at each login.
• [PI-009017] Fixed an issue that caused the menu bar app to not respect the Hide Password Expiration Menu Item (PasswordExpiration) preference.
• [PI-009018] Fixed an issue that caused Jamf Connect to display a blank web view when attempting to log in to the menu bar app if the network password was expired and MFA was not configured.
• [JC-2302] Fixed an issue that caused the menu bar app to display a nonresponsive item named "item" when the password expiration menu bar item was not configured to be hidden.
• [JC-2195] Fixed an issue that caused some elements of security prompts to be obscured when the language settings were set to a language other than English.
For more information, including Release Notes, please see the Jamf Connect Administrator Guide.
The Jamf Connect team
Posted on 12-15-2020 04:53 AM
Menu Bar App Bug Fixes: • If you do not have MFA configured, you can now use the ShortNameAttribute preference key to specify a custom attribute included in an ID token for use as a Kerberos short name.
I'm happy to see this issue finally be adressed which means we are one step close to be able to roll out Jamf Connect, but also disappointed by the MFA limitation.
If the token (with the attribute) is provided by Jamf Connect Login, I can't really see the reason for the limitation?
Posted on 12-17-2020 12:02 PM
@emilh I know this is under review, but hopefully more votes means it will get implemented....
Posted on 12-22-2020 01:19 PM
Any idea when Jamf Connect will auto sign users into okta after they sign into the Laptop like in the old version?
Posted on 12-23-2020 12:04 PM
Anyone else having issues with the security agent "JamfConnectLogin.bundle" not installing?
Works fine installing manunally.
Big Sur and Catalina tested.
EDIT: Somehow, probably my fault, the CPU arch was limited on the package.... Oops