Jamf Connect - Always Connected to the Network

jcosma1
New Contributor

Hello community,

My organization has recently rolled out the latest version of Jamf Connect and when some user's sign out, and they are on Wi-Fi only, they are getting the error that you can't sign in to Jamf Connect because computer is offline. Is there a way to make sure the wireless connection always stays on for Macs when logging off? Can we update our Jamf Connect configuration profile to do so? Or could this just be the way our Wi-Fi cert for our network works? Any insight is appreciated and I'm sorry if I didn't make this question too clear.

4 REPLIES 4

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

@jcosma1 any more information you can provide about your network? Does your organization require 802.1x authentication? Is your network configuration set to be used as a login window configuration?

jcosma1
New Contributor

Hello @mikevandelinder , thanks for the reply. When I check the Mac Network settings there is nothing in the 802.1x section so I guess the answer is no? But I'm not 100% certain as I'm not a Network Engineer so I'm not too familiar with our setup or the cert we are using. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm also remote at the moment and my home network doesn't require 802.1x authentication so not sure if that matters either.

jguz
New Contributor III

Also seeing the same thing on 802.1x machine certificate clients. When rebooted it works but if you log out of an account it can’t establish a connection.

bk-hm
New Contributor

Yes, this is something we also experience.  I found an old reddit thread from last year that says Jamf Connect doesn't support PEAP connections on the login screen.  I am trying to validate if this is still the case and if there are any workarounds?