Jamf Connect - Configuration Profile: Payload Login Window Stops Account Creation

dmichels
Contributor II

I have just started using Jamf Connect and it is working great, except one last feature. I have a Configuration Profile - Payload Login Window and when a computer is scoped to this it will NOT create an account. Error is "You are not allowed to log in at this time." and account will not be created. However, I went through every option and took out everything and no matter what is in Configuration Profile - Payload Login Window it will NOT let a user create an account. I mainly use this payload to skip all questions like login AppleID, setup Screens, etc. Any suggestions?

The last Jamf Rep told me you just can't use a Jamf Configuration Profile Payload Login Window it is not supported with Jamf Connect which I find not a good answer. 

3 REPLIES 3

YanW
Contributor III

Jamf Connect handles the account creation, Login Window payload is not needed.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.04.44 PM.png

dmichels
Contributor II

Agreed it is not needed, but worse it stops the account creation. It was suggested by Jamf Alex Engelsrud to no longer use Configuration Profiles with Payload: Login Windows and to create a new Configuration Payload: Applications & Processes (com.appleSetupAssistant.managed) to stop the screens from showing up on account creation:

Upload: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>SkipAppearance</key> <true/> <key>SkipCloudSetup</key> <true/> <key>SkipPrivacySetup</key> <true/> <key>SkipScreenTime</key> <true/> <key>SkipSiriSetup</key> <true/> <key>SkipTouchIDSetup</key> <true/> <key>SkipTrueTone</key> <true/> <key>SkipiCloudStorageSetup</key> <true/> </dict> </plist>

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/bypass-all-of-the-mac-setup-steps-when-logging-in-a-new-local...

YanW
Contributor III

I skip all of those in Pre-Stage Enrollment. The Setup Assistant doesn't appear when I create any new accounts afterward.