JamF Connect log out problems

djricks
New Contributor

Hi All,

We have a problem on one MAC with JamF connect and logging out, but only logging out. The Connect screen loads when the MAC boots up and when restarted but if after a user logs in and then just logs out instead of restarting the MAC goes back to its normal local login screen!

I have tried all the normal commands to try and reset JamF connect, sudo jamf recon/sudo jamf policy/sudo jamf update, but none have worked.

Would anyone have any idea on how to resolve, the other 20 Macs work fine!

Thanks

Duncan

3 REPLIES 3

jeffrey597doss
New Contributor

Hi Duncan,

It sounds like a tricky issue with Jamf Connect. One potential solution is to ensure that the login profile is correctly installed and that the authbroker is set to Jamf Connect. You can try running the following command to reset the authbroker:

/usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -JamfConnect

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, consider checking the Jamf Connect configuration profiles and ensuring they are correctly applied. Sometimes, re-enrolling the device or updating to the latest version of Jamf Connect can also help.

I hope this helps!

I'll give those things a go, thanks very much

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Is FileVault enabled? Sounds like the device is booting up to FileVault, which is something you want in most cases (lab situations withstanding). Jamf Connect cannot bypass FileVault, but FileVault can bypass Jamf Connect if you don't disable the function with a Configuration Profile.