Jamf connect not working correct?

heoun
New Contributor

I'm currently testing out a Jamf Now (Fundamentals) deployment for a couple of Macs we have. I haven't used Jamf before so not too sure how Jamf connect should work, but have a feeling mines not correct.

I have setup the setting "Enable password sync with Jamf Connect" and done the setup in Azure for it. When a user first logs on it asks to type in both password (microsoft & then local password) so it could sync.

Then we changed the password in Microsoft to see if it worked but on the macbook we have to login with the old local password and then in Jamf connect enter the email and the new microsoft password and it says they are out of sync and input the local password.

I assume this should be a bit easier as its not exactly syncing the passwords currently?

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

We are actually setting up JAMF connect right now. So, take what I say with a grain of salt as there are many more experienced than I.

I have not used JAMF Connect with JAMF Now, that has always seemed a strange pairing to me. JAMF Now is basic Management, and JAMF Connect is anything but basic but I will digress. 

What happens when you log back in to JAMF connect after getting the password out of sync box? Does it attempt to sync the passwords back up? According to JAMF Connects documentation the user should be prompted to update their password to sync things up.

If network account passwords are changed without Jamf Connect (such as a password change through the IdP web page, for example), the previously used network password will remain the local password. Users will be prompted to enter the local password

Password Syncing with Jamf Connect - Jamf Connect Administrator's Guide | Jamf