Local Login account not showing all local accounts

lilteddy78
New Contributor II

Hi all,

We are still trying to get used to Jamf Connect and when our users try to use the local login it doesn't show their account. It shows the Admin account and Other account.

How do you get Connect to show all of the Local accounts on the device?

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Generally speaking listing the accounts on a device is a security risk and you may have a configuration profile disabling it. I would ensure the devices are configured where users need to enter the username and password to log in, to both FileVault (which Jamf Connect has no control over) and macOS.

Quillathe
New Contributor

I'm seeing the same behavior.  We have loaner laptops that are only out on 3 hour loans, and while most of our students can use their .edu credentials to SSO in via JAMF Connect, we do have guests and another college who cannot use that login method.  So I'm trying to get a single standard account as a local login option that i can wipe with a script on each logout.  (guest accounts arn't working - won't show up at all).  Crazier sometimes I see all the local logins except guest, and sometimes I don't.  

I've ripped through all my configs and just can't figure out where or why this happening.