Mobile to local account

rkelegha
New Contributor III

Hi All,

We are in the process of deploying jamf Connect Verify and noticed that if a user is using a "mobile" account that they can log into Jamf Verify but the local password check/sync fails.
Is there a easy way to convert a mobile account to a local account? or does the machine need to be re-imaged again?

6 REPLIES 6

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

You can use the demobilize function within JC. Demobilize

rkelegha
New Contributor III

@ddcdennisb Have you seen a issue where you cant create a mobile account? I have tried many steps that i have found on the web but still no look .. Im run Catalina 10.15.5

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

I thought you were trying to convert off of a mobile account? why would you be having issues creating a mobile account?

rkelegha
New Contributor III

Im trying to re-create the issue that we can see if users but unfortunately I cant seem to get a local user account ( Used to DEP image) then joined to domain converted to a mobile account . I follow the instructions - Directory services - tick the 2 boxes for create a mobile account but after a reboot .. still nothing .. i wonder if its because Im using a DEP..

noahinla
New Contributor II

Check out this article that goes over everything about demobilizing accounts...

Demobilizing and Unbinding Mobile Accounts with Jamf Connect and Jamf Pro

vcastro4554
New Contributor II

@DBrowning,

Thank you for that reference. I too am having issues related to "Local password check/sync fails". We went ahead and demobilized an account for a pre-existing device we enrolled to jamf. We found the device still had a Mobile account so we demobilized. Is there anything more needed to be done to resolve password sync issues? Looking for other clues.