Netskope off Domain - JAMF Connect

taz231190
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy Netskope to machines off our domain.

We use a script that pulls the UPN when machines are bound to the domain and this works fine for them. We are unable to deploy to off domain as it can't find the UPN. We recently invested in JAMF connect to authenticate through Azure and this works so far but what I need to try to do is pull the UPN from somewhere JAMF connect may store if for the script.

Regards,
Tara

1 REPLY 1

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

So it's been a year, but I had to create a fake profile at /Library/Managed Preferences/... and you have to do this before you install the app or run the script that Netskope provides. At one time the Netskope pulled the email address from Jamf Pro, however we saw an install failure rate of about 30%. As we were looking to to fixing the failed machines and investing why the 30% fails Netskope had changed to the config profile method. This didn't work in our environment ( and I guess in most) as the profiles get installed before the use logs in so not so sure how Netskope expected to get the email address. I tried to explain it to them but .....

Here is my git hub with my simple script.

https://github.com/uraqt/Scripts/blob/master/A%20fake%20config%20profile%20for%20Netskope..txt

Good luck

C