"-51" days until PW expires

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I've got a user who's JamfConnect has been stuck at "-51" for her password expiration.  She's changed her password twice over the course of a couple weeks and rebooted several times, but it never changes from "-51" Her password is valid and works in all company systems. Our password policy has passwords expiring after 90 days. Is there any known method of fixing this one? The Mac is running Monterey 12.3.1 and JamfConnect 2.12.0

3 REPLIES 3

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I had the user delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamf.connect.state.plist file then Quit and relaunch Jamf Connect. Now it says "-57".

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

My first troubleshooting step would be to get your employee in some kind of 1 on 1 screenshare/meeting, remove the employee from scope of the jamf connect configuration profile, deploy the JamfConnectUninstaller.pkg to the computer, verify Jamf Connect has been un-installed & have them restart, log back in, then re-deploy the configuration profile & re-install jamf connect.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Assuming you have Kerberos integration in place?

Did the user change their password while they had Line of Site with AD server or did they change their password using an external source? 

The password expiry needs to pull the expiration date from AD, so a Kerberos ticket is required. If they haven't connected to AD, that might be why you have stale data.