Reinstall Jamf Connect after macOS Upgrade?

musat
Contributor III

Hello,
Is it normal to need to reinstall Jamf Connect after a macOS upgrade in order to get the Login component working again? It seems that after upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, or even applying an update in the same OS, that the Jamf Connect Login stops being active. The config is all still there, and the Jamf Connect app is still there in Applications, but the Mac goes back to the normal "bubble" login as opposed to our Google login. We have to then login and reinstall the Jamf Connect package to get the Google login back.
Is there some way to get this automated?
Or do we have some incorrect configuration?
Thanks for any information you can give,
Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello,

You need to use a policy to execute the following authchanger command on computers that complete a macOS upgrade:
/usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -jamfconnect

Documentation here https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.3.1/administrator-guide/Re-enabling_the_Login_Window_after_a_Major_macOS_Upgrade.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello,

You need to use a policy to execute the following authchanger command on computers that complete a macOS upgrade:
/usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -jamfconnect

Documentation here https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.3.1/administrator-guide/Re-enabling_the_Login_Window_after_a_Major_macOS_Upgrade.html

musat
Contributor III

Thank you for following up on this old thread. That looks exactly like what I was looking for. Now to work through how to scope that out to Macs that have changed OS versions.

musat
Contributor III

Figured I would swing back to say how I decided to scope this command.
I created a basic Extension Attribute that checks the status of the authchanger command:

#!/bin/bash

if [[ $(/usr/local/bin/authchanger -print | grep JamfConnect) ]]; then
    echo "<result>Correct</result>"
else
    echo "<result>Not Configured</result>"
fi

Then it's just a matter of scoping the policy to all Macs that have Jamf Connect installed but it is Not Configured in authconfig. Of course, doing this won't cause the command to run as soon as the Mac comes up from the upgrade, but it'll happen soon enough.

Thanks again