Use authchanger to default login screen to 'local login'

SteveSOE
New Contributor III

Hi Jamfers!

Is there a way I can use authchanger to force Jamf Connect to display the 'local login' screen by default as opposed to the 'Azure Login' (or whichever IdP screen you might use)

I've managed to use 'sudo authchanger -reset' to switch the Jamf Connect login window off, and 'sudo authchanger -reset -JamfConnect' to turn it back on, but I'd like our users to have easy access to the Azure login option should they require it.

The reason: our on-prem WiFi uses 802.1x security and doesn't play nice with Jamf Connect, so users will have to switch to local login when on-site anyway. I'd just like to save them all one less click in the morning :-)

We've looked into workarounds for the WiFi security but local login seems like it is going to be our best course of action as the alternatives would be more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks for your help and time!

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hihgfxeszd
New Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to configure authchanger to display the 'local login' screen by default in Jamf Connect. The options you have tried, such as using 'sudo authchanger -reset' or 'sudo authchanger -reset -JamfConnect', only enable or disable the Jamf Connect login window. To save users from an extra click in the morning, you could consider creating a script that automatically selects the 'local login' option when on-site. This script could be triggered based on the network connection or other criteria. Alternatively, you could provide clear instructions to your users on how to quickly switch to the 'local login' option when needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hihgfxeszd
New Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to configure authchanger to display the 'local login' screen by default in Jamf Connect. The options you have tried, such as using 'sudo authchanger -reset' or 'sudo authchanger -reset -JamfConnect', only enable or disable the Jamf Connect login window. To save users from an extra click in the morning, you could consider creating a script that automatically selects the 'local login' option when on-site. This script could be triggered based on the network connection or other criteria. Alternatively, you could provide clear instructions to your users on how to quickly switch to the 'local login' option when needed.