How to install a different cert for each device?

Changsin
New Contributor

I am trying to install a different self-signed cert for each device. Is it possible to do it in JamF Now? I was able to install the same cert for all the devices through a custom profile configuration, but I want to install a unique cert for each device. Is this scenario only supported in JamF Pro?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf Pro can issue SCEP Certificates providing you have a SCEP server, as well as ADCS Certificate issuing abilities. I dont think Jamf Now can issue SCEP or ADCS certificates. Once you are issuing certificates you are really crossing beyond what Jamf Now was designed to do.

Just to poke fun. The F is not capitalized in Jamf, its "Jamf" not "Jam F". Jamf F is a common mispronunciation that I have seen. Some people also like to capitalize JAMF (including myself) as it is unofficially an acronym Just Apple's Management Framework.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf Pro can issue SCEP Certificates providing you have a SCEP server, as well as ADCS Certificate issuing abilities. I dont think Jamf Now can issue SCEP or ADCS certificates. Once you are issuing certificates you are really crossing beyond what Jamf Now was designed to do.

Just to poke fun. The F is not capitalized in Jamf, its "Jamf" not "Jam F". Jamf F is a common mispronunciation that I have seen. Some people also like to capitalize JAMF (including myself) as it is unofficially an acronym Just Apple's Management Framework.