Jamf Now + Jamf Connect giving me issues. Am I missing something?

atangvels
New Contributor

I fully intend to contact support tomorrow because I cannot find any documentation that relates to Jamf Now specifically for this issue or really anything online but I figured I'd post here and see if you guys might have any insight.

My company is going from unmanaged devices to using the Jamf Now Fundamentals package which includes Jamf Connect. I set up some managed Apple IDs and federated authentication using Azure but whenever I do a fresh install on a computer after entering the Apple ID / Microsoft login I'm then prompted to create a password for the device itself. This password does not sync to the managed Apple ID / microsoft, and furthermore it seems that the user that is created is always an admin and I am unable to change this.

This essentially makes the management useless as not only does the user have admin privileges, but if they were to forget this password I wouldn't be able to change it. Furthermore, it seems like they could simply sign out of their managed Apple ID and sign in with a different one and install whatever the hell software they want. Am I missing something?

The Jamf Connect prompt doesn't actually come up until after the setup process is complete and the desktop loads and it doesn't work anyway when I try to log in. I get an HTTP 400 error. I have tried to editing the manifest in Azure to allow regular users and admins but this seems to do nothing. Jamf Connect documentation also says that a configuration file must be created either using Jamf Pro or the configuration app which I can't seem to find anywhere.

There is a Jamf Connect profile on the device after setup but I can't figure out any way to modify it. Sorry, I know this is a lot but I'm brand new to this and I'm tearing my hair out about it.

1 REPLY 1

AceVentura
New Contributor

Hey @atangvels, looks like you might be running into PI110572, that might help when reaching out to support