more information in inventory of jamf now?

ffuchs
New Contributor II

hi,

I miss on the inventory-page from jamf now the following information for macintosh hardware:
- size of memory
- processor (i5, i7) and processor speed

and an export-function as csv-file would be great.

nothing ist possible at the moment, at least I can't find it?

it would be very helpful for us to see instantly, if a mac is capable for specific needs (e.g. adobe creative cloud apps, music-apps, office-apps,..)

many thanks,

ferdinand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

@ffuchs - As Jamf Now is built purely to the MDM specs from Apple (compared to Jamf Pro which is MDM + local agent,) those particular fields are limited to what the DeviceInformation MDM command can query from macOS. As it stands today, neither of those fields are included in that particular MDM inventory command.

Apple's MDM Protocol Reference document goes into detail as to what device inventory is gathered from the local mdmclient framework of macOS in case you're interested in looking.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

I had to reset all mine... i was able to do this under settings -> computer management -> inventory display
36df92e037444e11875bef6c7a45c27d

Then you can do a blank search and pull up everything you need then use the export function to get all you need!

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

@ffuchs - As Jamf Now is built purely to the MDM specs from Apple (compared to Jamf Pro which is MDM + local agent,) those particular fields are limited to what the DeviceInformation MDM command can query from macOS. As it stands today, neither of those fields are included in that particular MDM inventory command.

Apple's MDM Protocol Reference document goes into detail as to what device inventory is gathered from the local mdmclient framework of macOS in case you're interested in looking.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Oh i totally missed the Jamf Now bit.... nevermind, what i said is useless!

ffuchs
New Contributor II

@mark.buffington dear mark, thank you for your detailed explanation! regards, ferdinand