Trend AV fails to install via the Auto Enrollment Process

Ralston_Africa
New Contributor

Hi All

We recently enabled Auto-Enrollment on our Jamf Now and started testing our some auto-installed apps. 

One of the apps we are installing automatically is the Trend AV solution however it seems to keep on failing for some unknown reason. See below 

Install didFailWithError: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=#tmsecurity.pkg -- file:///var/tmp/TrendMicro/WFBS-SVC_Agent_installer.pkg#Distribution, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.trendmicro.tmsm.application.trendMicroSecurity.tmsecurity.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.pkg”.}

Aslo ,

/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.taKqhy/Scripts/com.trendmicro.tmsm.application.trendMicroSecurity.tmsecurity.pkg.HMedNp/preinstall: line 261: ./PE_InstallPluginPane: Bad CPU type in executable

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Note that this app has been signed off with the apple certificate signature and installs quite fine when you manually add the device to the open enrollment option

7 REPLIES 7

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

Guessing.. device is M series, Rosetta not installed and Trend is intel / not universal? 

Install Rosetta 1st, then AV 

The device is a M1 series yeah and just found the possible fix. 

When the device booted up I ran the Rosetta install via terminal did a reboot and guess what Trend installed. 

You perhaps don't know where we can get a auto pre loaded script for Rosetta?

#!/bin/bash
arch=$(/usr/bin/arch)
if [ "$arch" == "arm64" ]; then
    echo "Apple Silicon - Installing Rosetta"
    /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license
elif [ "$arch" == "i386" ]; then
    echo "Intel - Skipping Rosetta"
else
    echo "Unknown Architecture"
fi

Ralston_Africa
New Contributor

Amazing thanks

Will give it a go! 

😎

Ralston_Africa
New Contributor

Is this script able to be run via Now or only Pro?

did not see it was JAMF Now.. erm.. not used in forever.. can you make a payload less PKG and add the script to it.. someone with more JN experience will need to chip in.. 

Ralston_Africa
New Contributor

I checked now and saw that you need to have Jamf Pro in order to run macOS scripts lol

But yeah I think I'll give it a dash and configure the PKG perhaps to see if that works. Will post that on another thread.

Thanks again