10.7 VPN Configuration Profile

geekyink
New Contributor II

I am having a problem trying to setup a VPN configuration profile for 10.7 computers. I am applying the configuration profile at the "Computer Level". All of the settings were entered directly in the JSS. I am setting just VPN with 1 payload. I enter a name "Test", set connection type to PPTP, server to "test.mydomain.com", account to "first.last", password "test", encryption level "Automatic", send all traffic checked. The profile gets installed on the 10.7 clients, however the server address, username and password fields remain blank even though they are filled out in the profile. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Does it work if set to user level?

geekyink
New Contributor II

No. I attempted user level and computer level. Same result. I had another Casper admin attempt on their 8.5.1 installation and they get the same result as well.

geekyink
New Contributor II

JAMF support got back to me on this... seems like an Apple bug.

Thank you for contacting us about this. We have completed our testing here with PPTP VPN profiles for Lion. We are seeing the same exact behavior, and upon trying this with the Casper Suite out of the picture, Apple's Profile Manager was unable to push the profile correctly as well. At this point, we have filed defect ID D-002831 with our QA lab, but this looks to be a defect with Apple as the root cause. We are sorry for any inconvenience, and we will be reporting this defect to them.

LarryH
New Contributor III

Does any one know if this issue has been resolved yet?