10.8-10.9 upgrade dealing with the Thunderbolt Bridge found message

ClassicII
Contributor III

Hey guys,

When a user upgrades from 10.8 to 10.9 the system finds the Thunderbolt bridge interface. So every time the user goes into network it will say "device found Thunderbolt Interface" The only way to get rid of the message is to use admin creds. Does any one have an idea on how to deal with this? I would think a pref file could be changed or something.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Maybe something like:

networksetup -detectnewhardware

Via a policy post 10.9 upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Maybe something like:

networksetup -detectnewhardware

Via a policy post 10.9 upgrade.

pblake
Contributor III

Give the users access to the network preference pane via the Authorizations Database.

security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow
security authorizationdb write system.preferences.network allow
security authorizationdb write system.services.systemconfiguration.network allow

globaldominatio
New Contributor II

hi pblake,
I have added those three lines still I get the popup. The following lines do not help. Though user has access to Network Preferences, still the popup comes.

security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow > /dev/null 2>&1
security authorizationdb write system.preferences.network allow > /dev/null 2>&1
security authorizationdb write system.services.systemconfiguration.network allow > /dev/null 2>&1

globaldominatio
New Contributor II

Hey [bentoms](bentoms),

Superb :D
-detectnewhardware seems doing the job, when run manually. I will let you know once I script it in a post install and see how it goes.

ClassicII
Contributor III

@bentoms

That works perfectly! We also have it as a self service item when a user plugs in a Thunderbolt Display and and will attempt to install the thunderbolt ethernet device.

Thanks.