Your JSS Dashboard

ianmb
Contributor

Fairly new to Casper and interested to know what you guys have on your JSS Dashboard?

Screenshots most welcome :-)

7 REPLIES 7

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

I don't have a screen shot, due to some unforseen maintenance on the JDS.

But i've got things on mine like How many machines have filevault, are running 10.8.x & 10.9.x and then 10.9.(latest build)

How many machines have checked in this week, and then the status of polices we've just started pushing out.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Total inventory count, new policies for installs, and UAT policies. Very nice feature I am happy to have!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I put up things I like to track, like how many users are still on 10.8, how many people need software updates or Office updates, how many users have Flash, Java, and/or Reader involved (vulnerable programs). It makes it easier for me to cross-reference when we get an alter from InfoSec or if a users reports any kind of use issue ("hey, maybe Outlook is acting up because you are two updates behind", that kind of thing).

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

All my new and/or update policies that are in place. Log in and see where things are going/how they are progressing. Once all applicable users get a policy applied, I remove it from the Dashboard.

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Many of our policies to install X software are scoped to computers that don't have X casper package installed and set to ongoing with inventory update. This saves us if a package (or patch) fails to install for whatever reason, it just keeps trying.

Unfortunately, this means they are useless on the dashboard.

Wish there was some way to watch progression on policies like that via dashboard.

Not applicable

When I go 'live' with anything major I usually end up enabling the Chrome extension "Refresh Monkey" - the numbers can be misleading since the 'completed' machines are only visible while they are still within the scope of that policy. Agreed that it would be nice to have a more streamlined view.

external image link