10.8.3 AD Mobile Accounts Not Being Created

sgrall-pfg
Contributor

Since upgrading to 10.8.3, it seems that the settings related to creating mobile accounts in the Apple AD plug-in (shown in Directory Utility) aren't being respected after a restart. I've been able to determine that the managed preferences that the plug-in creates disappear after a restart, and will not recreate without unsetting and re-setting the mobile accounts settings within the Apple AD plug-in, via Directory Utility or dsconfigad.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a workaround? I've tried setting the preference via a Configuration Profile as well, and it still loses the setting after a restart. This is a serious issue, as we want mobile accounts to be created automatically.

3 REPLIES 3

sgrall-pfg
Contributor

Running the following command with no MCX or Configuration Profiles solved the issue in testing:

dscl . -list Computers | grep -v "^localhost$" | while read computer_name ; do sudo dscl . -delete Computers/"$computer_name" ; done

I still haven't determined what causes the issue to begin with.

andrew_stenehje
Contributor

We've had an issue where cached mobile accounts don't work when off of our internal network... there's some sort of problem with the cached credentials and it won't allow login. The workaround, from Apple, is to login twice while on your internal network before using it off site. They said that others have had this problem as well but 10.8.3 did not resolve it. Anybody else have that problem?

sgrall-pfg
Contributor

I traced the issue to me having set AD timeouts too short. Guess that's what I get for trying to speed up AD logins...