20 Macs remote login

EliasG
Contributor

I have 20 macs that I need to turn on remote management and remote login, When we gave it to the teachers I think they were turned off.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

nmcspadden
New Contributor II

Although I don't have a direct Casper method of doing this, there's a script to enable to remote management:

#!/bin/sh

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -users "admin" -privs -all -restart -agent

exit 0

If you have a local account named "admin," this will enable ARD management for that account for all privileges. Make adjustments as necessary to accommodate your own administrative accounts.

View solution in original post

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Sorry i was being stupid earlier, you should be able to run a policy to reenable. (Was thinking casper remote as that needs SSH).

I might have some knocking around i can post later.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bentoms

Desk visit?

If you can't remotely connect via either, then you're out of luck.

Once done, block the sharing pref pane via MCX/Config Profiles.

nmcspadden
New Contributor II

Although I don't have a direct Casper method of doing this, there's a script to enable to remote management:

#!/bin/sh

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -users "admin" -privs -all -restart -agent

exit 0

If you have a local account named "admin," this will enable ARD management for that account for all privileges. Make adjustments as necessary to accommodate your own administrative accounts.

bentoms

Sorry i was being stupid earlier, you should be able to run a policy to reenable. (Was thinking casper remote as that needs SSH).

I might have some knocking around i can post later.

scottb
Honored Contributor

In this regard, do people put in a script/LD for this sort of thing, or just deal with it as it happens?
Most users don't mess with this or know how, but I wondered (since they're all admins) if admins do that, or just lockdown the Pref Pane? We just started doing that, so it will take a while to propagate though the company.

EliasG
Contributor

Got it guys!! THANKS!!! have a great weekend!!

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@EliasG

@bentoms

So what was the solution to enable it via policy?

EliasG
Contributor

I ran the script above, it hasnt worked on all of them.