9.93 Issue/Bug - Accounts with Group Access cannot pick between sites

babaganouj
New Contributor II

If you use Group access or a lot of sites please be aware of the following issue with 9.93.

We use a lot of Group access accounts that we have assigned to our technicians in Schools and we encountered two issues:

1) Group accounts cannot select between sites on the front pull down menu. These accounts see"Full JSS" on the drop down menu (They do not actually access Full JSS) and are stuck on one of the group sites so they cannot change to another.

If anyone knows of a workaround to select between sites without needing that menu site list please let me know!

2) Drop down menu cannot scroll down, its now static so you have more than 30 approximate sites you cannot select further down. There is a workaround: Collapse the browser window until you see a list of all your sites and then that can scroll down and select your site. Then you expand the window back.

98476853001446608832c04648db9a99

Hopefully this is resolved soon.

Message from our TAM:

*We are running into another Product Issue. This is known as PI-002759.

Our team is currently reviewing this issue and will announce a fixed version at a later date.

Our engineering team is stating that the scrolling issue with sites should be resolved in our next release.

Again I apologize for this issue as 9.93 has not been kind to accounts that utilize sites.*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

babaganouj
New Contributor II

@mike.paul

This is exactly what was needed! Now people see the entire site list and can only access what site they should.

Thank you so much

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@rlziebart Thanks for the heads up!

If you can select a Site in Casper Remote or Casper Imaging, it may be reflected in the JSS at next login.

babaganouj
New Contributor II

@dan.snelson

Thanks Dan, Casper Remote or Casper imaging is switching sites!

I still see the "full JSS" at the top when i login but the site in Casper Remote matches what i pick when i log in.

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was playing with this and I appear to have found a workaround for the first problem you pointed out, "Group accounts cannot select between sites on the front pull down menu", until the issue is resolved.

Create a Standard Group that has Access Level set to "Full Access", Privilege Set to "Custom" and just don't grant any additional privileges and give the site admin access to this group.  Without granting any actual permissions they see Full JSS as an option at the top and when they select it they get access denied message, but they still have full functionality within the sites they are admins for.

One common variation of this is to make a Full Access group that has "Audit" privileges so Site admins can see the global settings and policies applied to their site, which also resolves this problem of not being able to do things within their sites.

russeller
Contributor III

@rlziebart thanks for posting this. I reached out to support and got a similar response. We have about 60 sites. I tried using the Google Chrome built-in developer tool to play with the main.css on the JSS to see if it was just a display issue with the dropbox box for sites. I tried making it two columns without any luck. I can change the size of the box, just not the list of sites within. My CSS-fu isn't too strong.

If we can find out if CSS is the culprit and what element it uses we can make that change in the main.css (or whatever it is) on the web host until the next release.

babaganouj
New Contributor II

@mike.paul

This is exactly what was needed! Now people see the entire site list and can only access what site they should.

Thank you so much