Access Denied to Clients on Apple Remote Desktop

christinehunt1
New Contributor

After adding all of my clients to the JSS, I now receive the "access denied" message for these same clients in Apple Remote Desktop. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

The only restriction that can be automatically applied after enrollment is SSH. This is an option you select when creating quickadd packages, imaging configurations or using recon.

If ARD access is being changed when the Mac enrols, there is likely a script, policy or config profile that is changing it.

christinehunt1
New Contributor

Is there a script that can change it back? :-)

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

You can use these two commands to set it how you need it:

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -access -on -users username -privs -all

Just replace username with the short name of the user that should have access.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@christinehunt1

Try this

#!/bin/sh

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -users ACCOUNTUSERNAMEHERE -access -on -privs -all -restart
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers -restart

edit:

@davidacland beat me to it

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

You can also have Apple Remote Desktop provide the needed kickstart commands:

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/using-apple-remote-desktop-admin-to-help-script-ard-kic...

htse
Contributor III

the enrolled system probably had their Screen Sharing service reconfigured to comply with whatever has been set for use with Casper Remote, and took out anything previously set for Remote Management.

christinehunt1
New Contributor

Thanks for the scripts. Do I run both of them?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Just one or the other should do it.

christinehunt1
New Contributor

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.