Account Driven Enrollment - iCloud account

ks25
New Contributor II

Please clarify the doubt. Let's say I'm managing 50 mac devices manually. Then my organization wants to manage those mac devices through Intune and organization don't want to do Factory reset. So, solution would be Account driven enrollment. In these 50 mac devices, end users using their personal iCloud id's.If they initiate the account driven enrollment, will they get a prompt to sign out from iCloud account and login with managed apple id's? Or what's the process of it. Kindly explain. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

I suggest bringing this question up on technet as it is an Intune device enrollment question, not a Jamf device enrollment question. For account based enrollment you would use Managed AppleID's, not personal AppleID's. Also Intune would want to use Entra ID accounts for enrollment not AppleIDs. 

As far as Apples device enrollment process, be aware that if you don't factory reset or use the profiles command manually on each device to change the enrollment type your devices will only be managed and not supervised. What this means is they are not eligible for several configuration profile payloads like password requirements, and OS update deferrals as well as you cannot push OS updates to them. Swapping MDM's is no simple task, and usually costs more in the long run than just sticking with what you have once you factor in retooling and retraining. In addition Intune is crap for managing Macs.

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

Account Driven Enrollment is a different Process, where you need to host a JSON file in the webserver . Account Drive Enrollment will not Prompt you to logout from the Personal Apple ID.