Adding Local Admin User in JSS v9.81

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Greetings all! I am running JSS v9.81 in my environment with all client machines running v9.81 as well. I have about 20 machines that are in need of having a generic, local admin user created on them. For ease of discussion, let's call this user "test_admin." All 20 or so machines can be scoped in JSS using a Smart Group or Static Group so deploying this policy or script should be relatively easy. Any suggestions on getting this accomplished thru JSS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@sepiemoini there is a Local Accounts payload that is part of a Policy that you could use. If you need the account to be hidden, you may need to go the CreateUserPkg method listed above.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

One commonly used solution is to use CreateUserPkg

Use the app, fill in the blanks and it will create a PKG. The PKG can be added to Casper Admin. Then use a policy or Casper Remote to deploy.

It might collide with existing accounts if you set the UID to something that already exists on a device like 501 or 502, etc. You could purposely set it to 595 or another number.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@sepiemoini there is a Local Accounts payload that is part of a Policy that you could use. If you need the account to be hidden, you may need to go the CreateUserPkg method listed above.

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

@mpermann That worked, thanks!