Adding Local Admin User in JSS v9.81

sepiemoini
Contributor III

Greetings all! I am running JSS v9.81 in my environment with all client machines running v9.81 as well. I have about 20 machines that are in need of having a generic, local admin user created on them. For ease of discussion, let's call this user "test_admin." All 20 or so machines can be scoped in JSS using a Smart Group or Static Group so deploying this policy or script should be relatively easy. Any suggestions on getting this accomplished thru JSS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@sepiemoini there is a Local Accounts payload that is part of a Policy that you could use. If you need the account to be hidden, you may need to go the CreateUserPkg method listed above.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

One commonly used solution is to use CreateUserPkg

Use the app, fill in the blanks and it will create a PKG. The PKG can be added to Casper Admin. Then use a policy or Casper Remote to deploy.

It might collide with existing accounts if you set the UID to something that already exists on a device like 501 or 502, etc. You could purposely set it to 595 or another number.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@sepiemoini there is a Local Accounts payload that is part of a Policy that you could use. If you need the account to be hidden, you may need to go the CreateUserPkg method listed above.

View solution in original post

sepiemoini
Contributor III

@mpermann That worked, thanks!