Adding Sites and Distribution Points

rcarey912
New Contributor II

I’m not quite sure what the capabilities are as we add other departments. Apparently there has to be a master distribution point and that’s what Casper Admin points to when launching the application. Ideally we would like each department to have their own DP where they would configure their imaging configuration. I want everyone to be able to add there packages for the configurations to their own DP. This way when they launch Casper Admin they would see their own configurations. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

It's not possible at the moment to scope configurations, although I'd heard it was an open feature request and one that JAMF were looking at.

rcarey912
New Contributor II

So how are people managing to add other sites that can manage their own dp's, packages and configs?

jrippy
Contributor II

Trust. Fortunately, I am able to walk across campus and see whoever may be messing with a configuration. I handle most of the campus wide configurations and set up templates for the college level technicians. Then I tell them not to mess with a configuration that isn't theirs.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Here is one marked as planned, and I can't wait.

Hide or Scope Configurations