Admin account stuck in pre-stage

SV_JamfTech
New Contributor II

Hello Jamf community, 

For my environment, we have an admin account to make any required changes for our users because their account is set up as standard. I've realized that the admin account will sometimes be stuck in prestage when looking at inventory > local user accounts. 2 questions here: 

1. Has anybody made a script to make an extension attribute or some sort to get these macs to filter into a smart group? 
  2. Do we have to push another policy to get these admin accounts out of prestage and into a local user account? Or has somebody thought of a process to resolve this? 

Thanks everyone. Your insights are appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

What to you mean with "Stuck in prestage"? Prestage is a function the device goes through, and the admin account can be created during prestage. Is the device getting stuck in the prestage enrollment, the account failing to be created, or is something else going on?

SV_JamfTech
New Contributor II

Hey @AJPinto bringing this question back up. Again sorry for the late response, but I wanted to check in again to see if you might have any insight on this. Thank you

SV_JamfTech
New Contributor II

Thanks @AJPinto for looking at this and so sorry for the late response back. But let's say we pull up a Mac > Go to users and Location > our admin account will say it's in prestage. Please see screenshot

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.40.16 AM.png