Administrative Emails from Jamf Pro Cloud and Office365

ScottishDonkey
New Contributor

We are using Jamf Pro cloud and want to setup the system to email us. We are also using Office365 for organizational mail.

As an organization we have chosen to not allow SMTP basic authentication for accessing our corporate mail accounts. This has created a challenge for my team to get emails from our Jamf Pro Cloud instance.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so how did you solve it?

Has there been any effort from Jamf to integrate Microsoft's suggested solution of Microsoft Graph and OAuth 2.0 for secure email communication?

I realize we are probably bleeding edge over here, but I could see the benefit for other customers looking to use more secure methods to access email in their Jamf installations.

10 REPLIES 10

lee_stanford
New Contributor II

Same question here. Anyone?

dpaszkie
New Contributor

Same question, anyone get an answer from Jamf regarding OAuth 2.0?

CodyC
New Contributor II

We are in the same boat, i have emailed Jamf for any details on this or even if its on the roadmap...

-Cody

CodyC
New Contributor II

Response from Jamf is nothing in the hopper for this... Make sure to upvote @NewmanAJ post below

-Cody

NewmanAJ
New Contributor II

Dealing with the same issue. There is an active feature request for it here: https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-15765

slocke
New Contributor II

Same question here as well.  My O365 admin has allowed SMTP for now, but he has mentioned that Microsoft will be disabling SMTP in the near future.

adambeveridge1
New Contributor II

O365 will disable basic authentication on all tenants October '22. Jamf needs support for modern authentication for SMTP server 

Google Workspace users are also affected, but there is the option to enable "Less Secure Apps"

Those with only Gmail are out of luck until Jamf gets with it.

jonlju
Contributor

I also would like to know what's going on with this now as Microsoft will drop support for basic authentication.

@jonlju Doesn't seem like Jamf will support this in time. I'm using AWS SES with SMTP credentials and it's working quite well.